Welcome Friend!

This is a new forum where you can discuss your problems with Experts and fellow patients.
Currently, Number of posts may be less, but members are fairly active :)
Register and join the discussions

Will mindfulness based cognitive behavior therapy work for depression?

Discuss Topics related to Psychiatry, related diseases and health issues
Janicejo18
Seed

Postby Janicejo18 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:05 am

Hi, I am suffering from depression for about six months. I have tried many self-remedies to overcome this situation. But, I couldn't change this situation. I am not sure about the reason behind this change. I can't find any happiness in my life, totally fed up with the routines. I like to spend time with my friends. But for a while, I am keeping a distance from them also. Expectations are the motivations towards life but I lost such expectations. Always, I feel blue. One of my friends suggested me a registered psychologist in Torontofor undergoing depression treatment. I am planning to take an appointment there. Before taking an appointment, I searched on the website of the client. I read that mindfulness-based cognitive behavior therapy will be effective for depression treatment. This treatment uses traditional methods from cognitive behavior therapy in conjunction with mindfulness and mindfulness meditation. If anybody had undergone this treatment, please tell me your experiences on this. Also, I would like to know about the sessions of this treatment. Please help me.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Psychiatry”